This simple mix of white rum, cane sugar and lime is served on the French Caribbean islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe where drinkers are presented with a glass of rum, a lime and some syrup to make it up as they wish.
How to Make Ti’ Punch
– 2 oz. white rum
– 1 oz. cane syrup or simple syrup
– 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
1. Combine rum, syrup and juice in a cocktail shaker or glass. Stir to combine.
2. Pour rum mixture into large glass. Gently add ice.
3. Garnish with lime peel, if desired.