Savings On Accommodations, Experiences And A Cruise Expansion Project Make Travel To The BVI More Accessible Than Before
TORTOLA, B.V.I (March 26, 2015) — This summer, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) Tourist Board invites travelers to come to the BVI to celebrate a Summer of FREEdom by taking advantage of incredible offers throughout the 60 beautiful islands. Value-added offers from a variety of properties – private islands to luxury villas to yachts and more – include free nights, resort credits, free transportation and free excursions.
The BVI is the ultimate summer destination as it offers experiences for every traveler. Adventure-seekers can enjoy snorkeling at the stunning coral reef at Rosewood Little Dix Bay. For couples on a romantic getaway, Guana Islandoffers the perfect package, including complimentary champagne, massages and a private beach picnic. Those who prefer a bit of luxury and relaxation can explore the BVI’s crystal clear blue waters aboard chartered yachts, like Necker Belle.
“The BVI Summer FREEdom Program allows travelers to get the most out of their experience in the BVI,” said Sharon Flax-Mars, Director of the BVI Tourist Board. “The variety of amazing offers from our industry partners gives guests the freedom to explore the BVI in whatever suits them best, whether that’s a chartered yacht for island-hopping or the comfortable luxury of a private villa to accommodate larger groups.”
Traveling to the BVI will be easier than ever with a new Cruise Pier Expansion Project that will expand the existing Cruise Pier in Tortola. Another exciting aspect of this project is the development of Tortola Pier Park, a five-acre commercial and entertainment center.
For booking and travel dates and details on how to book the following deals, visit www.summer.bvitourism.com.
Private Islands & Luxury Resorts
Whether a romantic getaway or a group trip with friends is in store, the BVI plays host to travelers interested in a secluded experience on a private island or luxury resort.
- Bitter End Yacht Club: The Super Saver Family Package is perfect for families and offers 55 percent off a connecting room for children.
- Guana Island: Guests staying seven nights in a Sea View Cottage will receive a bottle of champagne upon arrival, a private castaway beach picnic, two 50-minute massages, a private tour of the organic orchard and round-trip taxi and boat transport from Beef Island airport.
- Peter Island Resort & Spa: Stay four nights, pay for three or stay five nights, pay for four. Whether celebrating a honeymoon or a special getaway, “romance-centric” activities like couples treatment atthe world-class spa or a private dinner on the beach, Peter Island is the backdrop to “Once in a Lifetime” FREEdom memories.
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay:Guests can get a complimentary night to have more time and more value in paradise. This means more time snorkeling the gorgeous coral reef, more time enjoying delicious cuisine at three beachfront restaurants and more time to enjoy seven secluded beaches.
Resorts, Hotels & Inns
A resort, hotel or inn experience may be best suited for families looking for a full-service, low-key vacation or an opportunity to live like a local.
- Anegada Reef Hotel:Stay four nights and get the fifth free in an ocean view room.
- Sea View Hotel:Stay for seven nights and receive the seventh free.
Multigenerational travelers or large groups will enjoy the ease and space that a private villa offers.
- Scrub Island Resort & Spa:Buy five nights and get seven with $500 resort credit on villas.
The adventure seeking traveler can stay aboard a chartered yacht, enjoying the sounds of the sea.
- Horizon Yacht Charters: Horizon BVI is offering 10 nights for the price of seven or a 10 percent discount on seven-night charters.
- Necker Belle: Charter Necker Belle for seven nights and pay for just six.
- On Deck Charters: One guest will sail free on any week-long all inclusive charter vacation.
About the British Virgin Islands
An archipelago comprised of 60 islands and cays, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) are located 80 kilometers east of Puerto Rico, in the northwestern region of the Caribbean Sea. The main islands are Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Anegada and Jost Van Dyke. Road Town, located in Tortola, is the British Virgin Island’s capital.
The BVI is renowned as a destination for sailing, diving and snorkeling. The destination’s vast topography provides unique opportunities for hiking, outdoor adventure and sustainable tourism.
The BVI is home to many famous attractions that include The Baths on Virgin Gorda, the Wreck of the Rhone off the coast of Salt Island, The Caves off the coast of Norman Island, the flamingos on Anegada, White Bay Beach on Jost Van Dyke, and Sage Mountain on Tortola.
Despite its status as a United Kingdom territory, the BVI uses the U.S. dollar as its official currency.
The BVI Tourist Board invites everyone to experience the seduction of our pristine and exquisite home. For more information on all that BVI has to offer, visit www.bvitourism.com.