TORTOLA, B.V.I. (January 20, 2015) — With the most romantic day of the year right around the corner, the British Virgin Islands Tourist Board is celebrating couples, friends and families looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day getaway. Whether looking for a relaxing retreat complete with luxurious spa treatments or a vacation filled with exciting sea adventures, the British Virgin Islands has it all.
The British Virgin Islands offers a variety of luxurious accommodations and a wide range of experiences from natural spa treatments to sailing aboard private yachts and tasting famous Anegada spiny lobster. No matter what stage of a relationship, the British Virgin Islands embodies romance and luxury.
Honeymoons & Romantic Getaways
As the perfect romantic respite, the British Virgin Islands plays host to couples looking to explore all the islands have to offer through experiential resort packages, a few of which include:
• A Dream Come True Villa—Enjoy a 7-night stay in an award-winning, 6,500 square foot oceanfront villa for two. The offer includes exclusive use of the oceanfront estate, a welcome gift of “Breakfast Delights,” personalized trip planning, wireless internet and more. Offer is valid from January 10-April 25, 2015.
• Fischer’s Cove Beach Hotel—Fischer’s Cove Beach Hotel is offering a Romance Package, with special prices on their beautiful beachfront one bedroom cottages. Offered through April 15, visitors can stay 7 nights for a total of $1,005. The rate includes a fruit platter, bottle of wine, a picnic lunch for two, Island Souvenir Rum, and a tour of the island for two.
• Fort Recovery Villas—Fort Recovery is offering a “3-Day Mini Romance Package” for two in their Deluxe or Superior Beachfront Villa Suite, which includes a romantic dinner for two, a couples massage, 2-day car rental and more. The offer is available through April 14, with cost of $1,475.
• Oil Nut Bay—This seven-night “Ultimate Romance Package” features accommodations, all meals, a bottle of Sparkling Wine upon arrival, a sunset sail, one off-site excursion, two thirty-minute massages from our spa and complimentary airport transfers from Virgin Gorda or Beef Island.
• Peter Island Resort and Spa—Peter Island’s “Island Romance Package” is available through March 31, and includes a 4-night or 7-night stay in an Ocean View Room, Beach Front Jr. Suite, or Ocean View Deluxe Room. The package includes a gourmet 5-course wine dinner, a sunset excursion of The Loop, a day trip to St. Thomas, and a complimentary bottle of champagne.
• Rosewood Little Dix Bay—Rosewood Little Dix Bay is offering a “Pure Romance Package,” which includes a discounted $600 per night price for a minimum of 7-night stay. The package also includes added amenities such as a complimentary bottle of champagne, daily breakfast for two, a romantic seaside cocktail cruise and more. The special is valid through December 17, 2015.
• Scrub Island Resort and Spa—Scrub Island Resort and Spa is offering a “Luxe in Love” package, including a 4-night stay in a private, two bedroom hillside villa. The offer is available from February 11-17, and provides various luxurious amenities such as a private butler service and a half-day retreat in the resort’s Ixora Spa by L’Occitane. The price of the total package is $16,500 per couple.
Activities & Excursions
Beyond resort and hotel packages, travelers can create expanded itineraries and explore spectacular beaches, culinary delights, luxury indulgences and more – by taking advantage of how easy it is to island hop in the BVI! Below are examples of activities and offerings that will appease any type of traveler, from the adventurer to the foodie.
• Adventure lovers can explore the famous RMS Rhone, known as one of the best shipwreck dives in the Caribbean according to Sport Diver & Scuba Diving magazines. For a great hiking experience, travelers can also head to Virgin Gorda’s Gorda Peak, the highest point on Virgin Gorda.
• Luxury lovers can experience extravagant treatments at the world renowned Peter Island Spa, with a 10,000-square-foot facility offering top-of-the-line massages, scrubs, wraps and more. The spa offers both indoor and outdoor treatments, and is the perfect place to relax with a loved one.
• Foodies will enjoy Anegada’s famous spiny lobster at signature restaurants such as Cow Wreck Beach Resort, but don’t forget to pair it with the islands’ special Painkiller cocktail. Take the ferry over to Jost Van Dyke to enjoy West Indian-inspired rotis and cocktails at The Soggy Dollar Bar, a favorite nightlife spot.
Whether aboard a yacht or on a beautiful stretch of beach, a paradise wedding awaits in the British Virgin Islands. Couples who are looking to celebrate their nuptials with either a large or more intimate group can be hosted at an array of award-winning properties situated throughout 60 islands and cays. Spontaneous couples looking to elope and share their special day with just each other can easily obtain an internationally valid marriage license in as little as one day. Ceremonies can be performed by the Registrar-General on Anegada, Jost Van Dyke, Norman Island, Peter Island, Salt Island, and Virgin Gorda. A multitude of wedding planners and vendors are available on-island to give the event a special touch.
Many resorts on Peter Island, Tortola, Guana Island and Virgin Gorda offer wedding packages that create that wonderful atmosphere of the destination as well as the couple’s personalities, including:
• Guana Island Resort offers luxury and seclusion to create the perfect wedding in paradise. With a range of accommodation styles and event offerings, Guana Island has the ingredients for an unforgettable wedding experience.
• Long Bay Beach Resort’s Dream Wedding package includes a wedding coordinator, cake, bridal bouquet, ceremony location, registrar fees and more for $999.
• Peter Island Resort & Spa, named one of the best spots for “sweet seclusion” by The Knot, offers wedding packages like The Orchid ($9,500 USD), which features a resort coordinator, primping services for the bride, couples massage, videography, keepsakes and more.
• Rosewood Little Dix Bay, a timeless boutique resort provides couples with the opportunity to host a wedding ceremony on their stunning beachfront or exquisite garden setting, with wedding packages including dining arrangements, sailing excursions, rose petal turn-down services and more for $2,500 – $10,200.
About the British Virgin Islands
An archipelago comprised of 60 islands and cays, the British Virgin Islands (BVI) are located 80 kilometers east of Puerto Rico, in the northwestern region of the Caribbean Sea. The main islands are Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Anegada and Jost Van Dyke. Road Town, located in Tortola, is the British Virgin Island’s capital.
The BVI is renowned as a destination for sailing, diving and snorkeling. The destination’s vast topography provides unique opportunities for hiking, outdoor adventure and sustainable tourism.
The BVI is home to many famous attractions that include The Baths on Virgin Gorda, the Wreck of the Rhone off the coast of Salt Island, The Caves off the coast of Norman Island, the flamingos on Anegada, White Bay Beach on Jost Van Dyke, and Sage Mountain on Tortola.
Despite its status as a United Kingdom territory, the BVI uses the U.S. dollar as its official currency.
The BVI Tourist Board invites everyone to experience the seduction of our pristine and exquisite home. For more information on all that BVI has to offer, visit www.bvitourism.com.