1. So these days you’re on the NBC sitcom “Guys With Kids” produced by another notoriously funny guy, Jimmy Fallon. You’ve have a long and prolific career on the silver screen, as well as on TV. What are some of aspects that you love about each?
> First let me just say that I love what I do. I’ve been given the opportunity to live my dream everyday and make a living at it. What I have is more than just talent I honestly believe it’s a gift that I’ve been blessed with and it’s my duty/responsibility to share this gift with the world. That being said I love working in front of a live audience as I do with Guys with Kids and any other sitcom that I’ve done. There’s nothing like performing in front of a live audience and feeding off of their energy. The instant gratification you get from the audience of what works and what doesn’t. And you can beat the hours of a half hour sitcom. Now as far as the ‘Silver Screen’ I love where it takes me. I get to travel the world and film: London, Australia, Africa,Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Paris, The Caribbean, Monaco, Germany, Italy, Afghanistan, Qatar, Switzerland and all over the United States. In going to these places I get to experience people and cultures other than my own and learn from them.
2. If you had to choose between TV and movies, which would it be? Could you choose?
> Asking me to choose between tv and film is like asking me to choose between my children. It would be a difficult choice to make I love them differently but I love them the same. How about I say I’ll combine the two of them and just make TV movies 😉
3. You’re known for your comedic talents, but you also have a very well-respected set of dramatic acting chops, having worked with some industry heavyweights such as legendary director Martin Scorsese in The Departed. Do you have a preference?
> I don’t have a preference so to speak. I’ve trained at my craft since the age of 9. I’m funny by nature but I do want to show the world that I have Range as an actor, comedically, dramatically, classically and musically. I run the gamut and would love to show the world all of what i have to offer.
4. Any desire to take on Broadway?
> Yes, I have a huge desire to tackle broadway. The theatre is where all of this was born! That would make this full circle for me. Without the theatre we wouldn’t have the arts as we know it today!
5. I was looking at pictures of you from over the years and it looks like you’ve become more fit recently. I know that you’re one of the many millions of people around the world who is diabetic. As you know, Diabetes disproportionately affects communities of color. What advice, if any, would you give others who have diabetes?
> Yes i have become more fit over the past few years. The main reason was 12 years ago I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic. I was 30 years old and in the prime of life when I was hit with this life changing diagnosis. I took it very seriously but within the last 5 years I kicked it into overdrive to start living a healthier life taking control over the disease before it took control over me even more. Thats why I’m eating healthier, eating smaller portions, eating more sensible meals throughout the day as opposed to starving myself and eating one big meal a day. These are the things that I go around the country talking about and helping educate our community about. Every african american born today has a 50/50 chance of being diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic. And this can be averted with exercise and eating healthier. It’s really that simple!
6. In addition to being very vocal about raising awareness for Diabetes, you also won $250,000.00 on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire for Alzheimer’s Research. Are there any other causes that you are near and dear to your heart?
> I’ve either lost family members or have family members fighting Cancer, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s and Sickle Cell. So these are causes that are near and dear to my heart.
7. What’s first on your list of places to see that you haven’t visited already?
> I would have to say that South Africa is at the top of my list of places to visit that I haven’t been yet.
8. Speaking of places…London or Paris?
> London or Paris? because of the food and the language
9. Basketball or Football?
> Football of course
10. Fried chicken or Barb-Que. ribs?
> It’s a tie cause I make the best of both!
11. Beyonce or Rihanna?
> Beyonce hands down! Sorry Rihanna
12. Blackjack or poker?
13. Apple IPhone or Android?
> IPhone 7
14. Harrison Ford as Hans Solo or Indiana Jones?
> Harrison Ford as Hans Solo or Indiana Jones? Hans Solo of course! He was kicking as in outer space! Anybody can kick ass on land but in outer space! And his homie was Chubakka!
15. Are you a James Bond fan? (Did you see Skyfall? If so, what did you think?)
> Yes, I’m a James Bond fan and yes I saw sky fall and I thought it was a great film. James Bond is once again a killer and you can see it in his eyes!
16. If you could cast the next James Bond, who would it be?
> I wouldn’t change Daniel Craig as bond. He is the fucking man!
17. You’ve been a regular guest at OCEAN Style events for a few years now. Tell us one thing that you must do each time in you’re in Jamaica.
> Things I must do while in Jamaica: Party with Diddy in Tryall, climb Dunn’s River falls, eat jerk chicken and curry goat, wind it up at Seven, lay in the sun, play golf at the white witch, smoke a spliff and go to KFC!
18. In addition to being a recurring guest at the OCEAN Style Celebrity Golf Invitational (we missed you last year!), you’ve also participated in other events such as the upcoming Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational that is taking place in Las Vegas this April. How long have you been a golf enthusiast?
> I’ve been a golf enthusiast for over 16 years now. I love the game and take my sticks where ever I go whether I’m playing or not.
19. What’s the last item you splurged on?
> The last thing I splurged on was a 2014 Audi A3 for my daughters sweet 16!
20. What’s on the horizon for you? Where can fans look for you next?
More movies and TV shows are on the horizon but you can catch me on AOL producing and hosting my cooking show called Anthony Eats America where I travel the states interviewing Americas best home cooks.