This shrimp, mango, and jicama salad with pineapple vinaigrette is sure to be a hit with the family and the main attraction at the next dinner party. Tangy and filling, you’ll definitely make use of this recipe more than once. Enjoy!
Serving size: 6
Total Time: 55 min
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined, halved lengthwise
- 2 large mangoes, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 large Boston lettuce leaves
Whisk lime juice and pineapple juice concentrate in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
Bring 6 cups water and next 4 ingredients to boil in heavy large saucepan. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add shrimp, and simmer until opaque in center, about 2 minutes. Drain. Transfer shrimp to large bowl; refrigerate until cool. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; keep chilled).
Mix mangoes and next 3 ingredients into shrimp. Pour vinaigrette over; toss to coat. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 6 plates. Spoon salad over lettuce, dividing equally.
As featured on Epicurious.