ORLANDO, Fla. — According to the Brain Research Institute at the American Institute of Stress, 77% of people regularly experience physical symptoms caused by stress. Margaritaville, the global lifestyle brand inspired by Jimmy Buffett, is here to help. In honor of National Relaxation Day on Tuesday, August 15, the brand is serving up an hour-by-hour agenda for ways to relax with Margaritaville, creating The Most Relaxing Day Ever.
“Margaritaville is where you go to escape the everyday and just relax,” said John Cohlan, chief executive officer of Margaritaville. “With a collection of consumer products, hotels, resorts, restaurants, a national radio station on SiriusXM® and more, Margaritaville makes it easy to celebrate National Relaxation Day on August 15th and on the other 364 days in a year.”
Below is a detailed itinerary for those in need of some R&R, with ways to de-stress and escape every hour, on the hour, while awake (assuming the average American sleeps seven hours per night):
- 7 am – Rise and shine with a cup of Margaritaville premium coffee. Then dress the part for The Most Relaxing Day Ever, with your favorite washed in the ocean, dried in the sun Margaritaville spirit jersey.
- 8 am – Catch an early morning breeze and enjoy a smooth ride around the neighborhood on a Margaritaville Cruiser. While you ride, pop in Margaritaville earbuds and listen to the new Margaritaville Podcast.
- 9 am – Tune into Radio Margaritaville on Sirius XM channel 24 to get into the perfect mood with relaxing trop-rock tunes!
- 10 am – Unwind with a spa treatment at the St. Somewhere Spa in Hollywood Beach, FL, or Pigeon Forge, TN – or, if you can’t get away, with an at-home treatment like this DIY margarita salt scrub.
- 11 am – Give yourself license to chill with a Margaritaville-inspired adult coloring book. As revealed in Art Therapy: Journal of the American Art Therapy Association, “people who cultivate “mindfulness,” or awareness and attentiveness to the present moment, experience lower levels of anxiety.”
- 12 pm – Savor a taste of paradise with a classic for lunch – a Cheeseburger in Paradise at your local Margaritaville Restaurant, or make your own at home with this recipe.
- 1 pm – Host the ultimate backyard bash, inviting some friends over for an escape to paradise featuring Margaritaville products ranging from plates and bowls to bottle openers, koozies and outdoor furniture.
- 2 pm – It’s 5 o’Clock Somewhere, so don’t delay – whip up the perfect margarita using your Frozen Concoction Maker®.
- 3 pm – Throw on a bathing suit and float around the pool on a Margaritaville Parrothead Float with Bluetooth Speaker. Answering calls from your boss during this hour is optional (see video here)!
- 4 pm – Enjoy some friendly competition with Margaritaville’s “Fins to the Left” cornhole game set.
- 5 pm – Tune into #FiveOClockSomewhere on Margaritaville‘s social media channels and start day dreaming about your next escape to paradise.
- 6 pm – Listen to your Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes CD, celebrating 40 years since the 1977 debut of “Margaritaville,” and relax in the kitchen while cooking the perfect Paella Del Mar recipe from the award-winning JWB Prime Steak and Seafood in Hollywood Beach, FL.
- 7 pm – Pop open a LandShark Lager, put on your sunglasses and take in the sunset.
- 8 pm – Invite your crew over for a live broadcast of Jimmy Buffett’s concert at Jones Beach on Margaritaville TV. (August 15 only; the schedule for future broadcasts can be found here)
- 9 pm – Enjoy a late-night snack with Mini-Key Lime Pies. In paradise, you can eat whatever you want, right?!
- 10 pm – Light a tropical-scented Margaritaville candle and cozy up to one of your favorite Jimmy Buffett books just before bedtime.
- 11 pm – Don’t want the relaxation to end? Book an escape to a Margaritaville hotel or resort before the day is done. You’ll wake up with something to look forward to! The simple act of planning a vacation can increase happiness for eight weeks, as shown in one study, published in the journal Applied Research in Quality of Life.
- 12 am – End the day by resting your head on a Paradise Pillow™ – manufactured exclusively for Margaritaville resorts.
This year, Margaritaville is celebrating 40 years since the 1977 debut of “Margaritaville.” From opening the first Margaritaville restaurant in Key West in 1987 to opening the first Margaritaville Hotel in Pensacola Beach in 2010, Margaritaville has solidified itself over the past 40 years as a state of mind that exudes relaxation, coupled with fun.
Margaritaville has become America’s leading lifestyle escapism brand. Inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of singer, songwriter and author, Jimmy Buffett, whose songs evoke a passion for tropical escape and relaxation.
Margaritaville features ten destination resorts/hotels across the Southeast United States and Caribbean and twenty additional locations in active development, four gaming locations and more than 60 food and beverage locations including signature concepts such as Margaritaville Restaurant, award-winning JWB Prime Steak and Seafood, 5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill and LandShark Bar & Grill. More than 15 million travelers every year change their latitude and attitude with a visit to a Margaritaville resort, residential real estate destination, vacation club, vacation home rental and restaurant.
Consumers can also escape everyday through a collection of Margaritaville lifestyle products including apparel for men and women, footwear, frozen concoction makers, home décor and more. Additionally, the brand’s food, beverage and spirits lines – including Margaritaville tequilas, rums, LandShark Lager and Island Tea – deliver authentic, tropical escapism to fans around the world. Margaritaville, a state of mind since 1977.